We collaborated closely with Discovery on an exciting and comprehensive global entrepreneur exposure and business mentorship programme, working with entrepreneurs using technology as a driver for innovation in the health and wellness space.
“The trip was a truly inspiring experience that enabled us to interact with the leading MedTech entrepreneurs and academics of Silicon Valley. Valuable advice was provided by industry leaders on the legal processes to be followed/pitfalls to be avoided by start-ups, as well as insight into the latest challenges faced in the healthcare environment, creating opportunities for entrepreneurs. The level of cooperation, sharing of knowledge and experience, use of technology and financial resources between entrepreneurs and academics creates deep synergies, enabling the enhancement of healthcare for the benefit of society in general. This is an important learning I intend leveraging as my contribution toward advancing entrepreneurship in South African healthcare.”
Fareed Chotia: Strategic Initiatives Executive Discovery Holdings
The programme was designed to provide South African registered medtech entrepreneurs with the opportunity to network and learn in a global market, while being fully supported through pre and post trip business development support and facilitated access to procurement, supply chain and investment opportunities. Some 17 medtech innovators were selected for the programme, the highlight being a trip to Silicon Valley.
As part of our management and implementation of the programme, we:
- Designed and developed the programme to meet the strategic objectives of the client as well as practically addressing the needs of entrepreneurs in the sector.
- Assisted in the planning and execution of a launch event for the trip.
- Develop and managed the sourcing and selection process for the trip.
- Managed the business diagnostic assessments of each individual business to determine and agree customised business development plans within the programme.
- Provided one-on-one business advisory support.
- Planned and executed a Discovery Entrepreneur Development Boot Camp.
- Managed the execution of individual business mentorship for each enterprise both pre and post trip.