The client needed:
- Strategic BBBEE guidance.
- Business development support services (financial, human resources, compliance) for ED and SD beneficiaries.
- Pre- and post-investment due diligence assessment of enterprises wanting to access ED or SD funding.
Enterprise Room provided the client with ongoing enterprise development programme management support including:
- Establishing improved procurement processes.
- Ensuring maximum early payment claims.
- Sourcing ED beneficiaries that met the strategic requirements of the client’s head office and its divisions.
Through the provision of:
- Strategy development,
- BBBEE advisory and scorecard management,
- Procurement analysis solutions,
- Enterprise and supplier development,
- Skills development, and
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting,
- Designed an enterprise and supplier development strategy.
- Provided ongoing mentorship programme management.
- Assisted with the establishment of new ventures from those operations earmarked to be closed.
- Supported local service providers – including businesses established by previous employees.
- Facilitated placing black-owned suppliers on early payment terms to improve their cash flows.
- Onboarded new black-owned suppliers on to the database.
- Organised and presented roadshows to all divisions, increasing awareness of what is good enterprise and supplier development practice, and understanding of interventions that lead to sustainability.
- Brought management and staff on board by relating the mentorship action plan directly to their needs and challenges; while being sustainable, determining realistic expectations together with defined (financial and non-financial) returns and measurable impact.